1 Post-Doc Position, University of Luxembourg
The Doctoral Training Unit 'Deep Data Science of Digital History' (D4H) under the guidance of Prof. van der Torre and Prof. Christoph Schommer invites applications for
1 Post-Doc in Explainable AI for Historical Data
- Conducting high-quality research using historical data in the area of explainable AI, machine learning, natural language processing, or knowledge representation and reasoning
- Presentation of research findings at workshops and conferences
- Publication of scientific papers in peer-reviewed international journals
- Writing or helping to write project proposals
- Teaching in the context of the Doctoral Training Unit (60h per year)
What we expect from you
- A PhD degree related to explainable AI, machine learning, natural language processing, or knowledge representation and reasoning
- Interest in interdisciplinary work using historical data in the context of the Doctoral Training Unit D4H
- Evidence of high-quality research documented by good publications
- Strong analytical capacity, creativity, and commitment
- Very good written and spoken English skills; proficiency in French or German is a plus
- Ability to attract research funding
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Foreseen starting date: December 2023
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL05682
How to apply
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter detailing why and how your profile, experience and research interests fit the position
- A brief research proposal
- Contact information of two references
- List of publications
We ensure a full consideration for applications received by the 15th of November 2023. Please apply online formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs,…
Further information For further information concerning this position, please contact Prof. Christoph Schommer (email@example.com) or Prof. Leon van der Torre (firstname.lastname@example.org).